“Writing An Outline For Your Article”
Organizing your thoughts and ideas. An outline makes writing much easier.
Please Note: During the broadcast, you will be able to see and add to YouTube Live Chat in the sidebar. We will copy and add them to the comments below for future reference.
The way for all of us is to do what works for us. It is usually influenced by our learning style and the way we were educated. There is a progression that takes place:
- We determine the topic and do the research on Keywords and content.
- We step away from the computer and brainstorm everything we want to include in the piece.
- We put the material into a logical sequence – can use mind mapping or post-it notes for this.
- We write the content using pen & paper and upload it to an electronic system – Google Docs, Evernote or for longer pieces Scrivener.
There is a new product that lets us do the writing and uploading so that the work is only done once: Rocket Book lets you write the content with a pen, then the content is uploaded and converted to text. Worth looking at to save paper and time/effort.
One member said he does all the notes, outlining and writing electronically. Yet another likes to use a voice to text software.
Our Operating Principles:
* Relationships before business (LA)
* You can get everything in life & business if you help enough people get what they want (Zig Zigler)
* Be helpful – with no expectations (Bill)
* We stand for positive possibilities and keep an open mind (LA)
* We deliver our messages with integrity – we deliver what we say we will deliver (Nathan)
* We never sell anything we are not prepared to deliver impeccably (Sue)
* We exceed expectations (Alanna)
* MOZ Code – TAGFEE – Transparent, Authentic, Generous, Fun, Empathetic, Exceptional (Jay)