“Upgrade an Old Website“
July 7-2020@ 9:00 am PT
What choices must be made? What theme? Gutenberg? Page Builders?
Upgrading a website should be an ongoing process. That means we are all considering an upgrade right now. Reasons why we should consider doing it:
- Outdated layout/visuals
- Business fennel is changing
- The audience has changed
- The theme is not being updated
- Lack of traffic
- Old posts that need updating
- The current process is time-consuming to create
- Viewing speed needs to be increased.
- Important to create a site that allows you to make changes without impacting the current one. ( using siterubix in Wealthy Affiliate or creating a url that can be changed later – .info for example)
- Import old site content so that changes can be made.
- Make decisions about new business content
- Change the theme and customized desired layout, branding, look and feel.
- Design a new Home page and get some objective feedback.
- Redesign remaining pages so that they reflect the Home Page style.
- Incorporate business changes into content as you go.
- Review each blog post and update, ensuring SEO techniques are incorporated.
Our Operating Principles:
* Relationships before business (LA)
* You can get everything in life & business if you help enough people get what they want (Zig Zigler)
* Be helpful – with no expectations (Bill)
* We stand for positive possibilities and keep an open mind (LA)
* We deliver our messages with integrity – we deliver what we say we will deliver (Nathan)
* We never sell anything we are not prepared to deliver impeccably (Sue)
* We exceed expectations (Alanna)
* MOZ Code – TAGFEE – Transparent, Authentic, Generous, Fun, Empathetic, Exceptional (Jay)
* We are respectful, cooperative and collaborative (David)
* Our sessions are comforting (Jivita)
* We are building community (Fred)
* We are having fun (Vivek)
* We share our discoveries (LA)
* We respect each other’s time and outside commitments (LA)