“The Key to Keywords“
Sept. 24th @ 9:00 am PT
Vivek Rao will share his research on keyword research.
Contrary to practices in the past Vivek suggested that “keyword density” is not an effective way to be found in Google Search. However, it does make sense to find keywords or phrases that your audience may be looking for. And Google can help you discover those by experimenting with the search tool and using quotation marks and using the alphabet technique – thanks to Jay Neill for the demo.
Keywords should appear in a post title, meta title and meta description and be used in a natural flow within the text of the post.
There are tools such as Google Adwords Keyword Search and Jaaxy that help to find appropriate keywords for your content.
Links shared by Vivek
- What is the ideal keyword density of a page? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk4qgQdp2UA
- SEO in the age of AI with Mr David Amerland https://youtu.be/kPQ94emHSmE
- Are Keywords still a ranking factor? https://www.elephate.com/blog/are-keywords-ranking-factor/
Our Operating Principles:
* Relationships before business (LA)
* You can get everything in life & business if you help enough people get what they want (Zig Zigler)
* Be helpful – with no expectations (Bill)
* We stand for positive possibilities and keep an open mind (LA)
* We deliver our messages with integrity – we deliver what we say we will deliver (Nathan)
* We never sell anything we are not prepared to deliver impeccably (Sue)
* We exceed expectations (Alanna)
* MOZ Code – TAGFEE – Transparent, Authentic, Generous, Fun, Empathetic, Exceptional (Jay)
* We are respectful, cooperative and collaborative (David)
* Our sessions are comforting (Jivita)
* We are building community (Fred)
* We are having fun (Vivek)
* We share our discoveries (LA)
* We respect each other’s time and outside commitments (LA)