“Stay Where Your Audience Is“
Jan. 28th @ 9:00 am PT
Group Discussion About Avoiding “Shiny Objects”
What shiny new objects have you encountered lately?
- New social media platforms ( Facebook, Linked In, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Twitch, TikTok, Discord) Stay where your target audience is.
- New Plugins – LearnDash, Elementor, Wishlist, etc.
- New Courses – Teachers’ Tech – Teach with Video, Harnessing YouTube
- New Books – Wisdom At Work, Building Trust and Relationships at the Speed of Change, The Profitable Content System
- New Software – Height for developing courses.
- New equipment – Drone
How to decide if something will make business easier or just take up more energy with the learning curve. Make use of free trials to test. Read reviews, especially the negative ones. Consider Price – we like one time fees rather than monthly or annual.
Our Operating Principles:
* Relationships before business (LA)
* You can get everything in life & business if you help enough people get what they want (Zig Zigler)
* Be helpful – with no expectations (Bill)
* We stand for positive possibilities and keep an open mind (LA)
* We deliver our messages with integrity – we deliver what we say we will deliver (Nathan)
* We never sell anything we are not prepared to deliver impeccably (Sue)
* We exceed expectations (Alanna)
* MOZ Code – TAGFEE – Transparent, Authentic, Generous, Fun, Empathetic, Exceptional (Jay)
* We are respectful, cooperative and collaborative (David)
* Our sessions are comforting (Jivita)
* We are building community (Fred)
* We are having fun (Vivek)
* We share our discoveries (LA)
* We respect each other’s time and outside commitments (LA)