“Socializing via Computer “
Feb. 9th @ 9:00 am PT
How often do we hear the phrase “I’m zoomed out”
- We discuss the various ways that we stay in touch with family, friends, colleagues and clients.
- We notice that online gatherings require some learning and accepting that it’s one voice at a time. This means that a moderator is a MUST.
- We know there are challenges: time zones, varying bandwidth, and finite internet access.
- We know that older folks need a really good reason to overcome their fear of online live connections.
- We hear the phrase “I’m zoomed out” – That’s because meetings suck -many meetings are poorly run.
One Viewer’s Recommendations:
- Jitsi – an opensource Zoom like platform no fees
- MeetAway (this platform allows participants to register, pick who they want to chat with, then get paired with a person you picked & have a 5 min. (time can be set) 1 on 1 conversation. Every 5 minutes you switch to a new person.)
Our Operating Principles:
* Relationships before business (LA)
* You can get everything in life & business if you help enough people get what they want (Zig Zigler)
* Be helpful – with no expectations (Bill)
* We stand for positive possibilities and keep an open mind (LA)
* We deliver our messages with integrity – we deliver what we say we will deliver (Nathan)
* We never sell anything we are not prepared to deliver impeccably (Sue)
* We exceed expectations (Alanna)
* MOZ Code – TAGFEE – Transparent, Authentic, Generous, Fun, Empathetic, Exceptional (Jay)
* We are respectful, cooperative and collaborative (David)
* Our sessions are comforting (Jivita)
* We are building community (Fred)
* We are having fun (Vivek)
* We share our discoveries (LA)
* We respect each other’s time and outside commitments (LA)