“Share A Discovery”
August 27th @ 9:00 am PT
Share something you found useful as a solopreneur. What it’s called and what it does.
We tried a new approach in this session. We would combine introductions to give us more time for discussion. And we would come prepared to share a business discovery (tips, how to’s, programs, apps, platforms) Then we would decide which one(s) we wanted to know more about for a topic next week. We will give panel members opportunities to present, act as MC or do interviews. Today’s host LA had lots of technical difficulties necessitating a Zoom recording to be uploaded after the show is over.
- David – a program called BirdSeed – allows you to host live-chat on your website & can be found in AppSumo.
- Vivek – wanted to remind us of the value of after-show discussions.
- Alanna – is testing out People Per Hour, a site for freelancers.
- Jivita – gave us a rundown of the valuable Wealthy Affiliates membership program
- Fred – discovered Facebook for children when is granddaughter called him – a look at the future
- Paull – discovered that LinkedIn has a voice messaging app included in the mobile version
- Nathan – found the book “Way of the Wolf” that helped him discover a natural skill of his.
- Jay – wanted to remind us to clean out unusable comments from our posts
- LowellAnn was prepared with a very short presentation using Reflector
She shared that she watched a presentation by Geeks On Tour “How To Make A MovieWith Filmora Go” recently and realized it had some very interesting uses.
FilmoraGo is a free app for your phone (both iPhone & Android). It allows you to use pictures from your phone and turn them into a video. You can manipulate transitions, the timing of pics, adding music, voice-overs and captions – all on your phone. The finished product can then be uploaded to Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Whatsapp, Tumblr, Vimeo, Email and your camera roll. You can view the short video she created on Facebook here
Our Operating Principles:
* Relationships before business (LA)
* You can get everything in life & business if you help enough people get what they want (Zig Zigler)
* Be helpful – with no expectations (Bill)
* We stand for positive possibilities and keep an open mind (LA)
* We deliver our messages with integrity – we deliver what we say we will deliver (Nathan)
* We never sell anything we are not prepared to deliver impeccably (Sue)
* We exceed expectations (Alanna)
* MOZ Code – TAGFEE – Transparent, Authentic, Generous, Fun, Empathetic, Exceptional (Jay)
* We are respectful, cooperative and collaborative (David)
* Our sessions are comforting (Jivita)
* We are building community (Fred)
* We are having fun (Vivek)
* We share our discoveries (LA)
* We respect each other’s time and outside commitments (LA)