I was supposed to retire but I think I would die of boredom if I didn’t have some real purpose and some real relationships. So I keep on finding new things to learn and great new people to know.
I’m LowellAnn and I’ve been computing since sometime in the 1980s when I was employed by the Canadian government as an Employment Counsellor in Yellowknife NT. In the 1990s, I took early retirement and opened my own consulting business providing leadership development and facilitation to government departments and local businesses. Eventually, I added Executive Coaching to my list of services in Victoria BC.
My first website, workstyle-lifestyle.com, was quite an adventure as I learned how to give instructions to my web developer, Blain. Later I connected with a great new web developer Ryan, who was willing to coach me through the design and development myself. We created at least two different sites together – the most recent is https://lowellann.com (My coaching site)
I discovered that I love learning new things and experimenting with new sites. This site has been developed without the assistance of a coach. However, I do have a wonderful community of support. At Wealthy Affiliate, there is great instruction for the person interested in creating an online business.
It’s nice to meet you here!
What Inspires Me
I’m fond of reading. I found Ken Wilber’s Integral Life Practice worthwhile. And I’m waiting for delivery of Narrative Coaching: The Definitive Guide to Bringing New Stories to Life by David Drake. Recently, I have enjoyed Chip Conley’s Wisdom At Work and Jeff Wallace’s Launch.
Today, I’m excited and inspired by all the online tools that are a boon to the solopreneur – the ever-changing world of YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram. And recently I found Discord – Join my Community there!
My biggest inspiration right now is the opportunity to host my weekly Being Your Own CEO Success Circle for solopreneurs via Zoom and OBS (Online Broadcast Software). We enjoy each other’s company while sharing techniques and information and providing moral support to each. Participants even end up doing business together! And recently we started playing in Twitch!
What do I believe?
- Firmly believe that men and women can benefit from using their right brain (feminine skills) in business. And they can be independent and successful in business regardless of their age.
- Contribution to community is what provides meaning in our lives.
- Live Streaming (YouTube or Zoom) will change the way we do business on the net.
- YouTube is the best place to interact and market for solo entrepreneurs who want to connect with other businesses and gain profile with Google Search.
My Leisure Time Joys
Maintaining good health is very important to me. My fitness partner Robyn and I aim for an hour four mornings a week. We have discovered the joy of sunrise on the beach and that it’s a great way to begin the day! I’ve also discovered this is a great time to play with photography from my smartphone.
My indoor/balcony gardening gives me a great deal of pleasure. It’s fun to be able to tell all my northern friends and clients about the flowers that are in bloom throughout the winter in Victoria.
For 15 years, I have participated in Victoria’s famous Gettin’ Higher Choir, a community choir based on the belief that anyone can sing. It’s a great way to meet like-minded folks, connect with our love of music and support a community in Mozambique. We have two performances per year when it’s amazing to be on stage with roughly 200 others. I have also been associated with sister choir Wavelengths
- Graduate Executive Coaching Program (Royal Roads University)
- Presidents’ Club Sales Program (Sandler Sales Institute)
- Gateway to Developmental Coaching (Interdevelopmental Institute)
- Adult Education Diploma (St. F.X. University)
- Team Development and High-Performance courses (from private consultants)
- Total Quality Transformation training (Lethbridge Community College)
- ICA Technology of Participation training (Institute of Cultural Affairs)
- Numerous Courses: employment, interviewing, testing, career counselling (provided by my employer)
- B.A. Degree (Mount Allison University)