“Meetings Suck Review“
Oct. 20-2020@ 9:00 am PT
Fred Jones reviews this book
Review of book Meetings Suck by Cameron Herald. Most people hate going to meetings because they have attended so many that were run by the hierarchical boss who just wanted to tell them what to do. For meetings to be successful some key factors must be in place:
- Understanding of the meeting’s purpose.
- An agenda that has been shared beforehand so that people can come prepared.
- An understanding of attendee styles and how to bring out their best.
- A method for managing time and discussion.
- A method for arriving at consensus decisions.
Our Operating Principles:
* Relationships before business (LA)
* You can get everything in life & business if you help enough people get what they want (Zig Zigler)
* Be helpful – with no expectations (Bill)
* We stand for positive possibilities and keep an open mind (LA)
* We deliver our messages with integrity – we deliver what we say we will deliver (Nathan)
* We never sell anything we are not prepared to deliver impeccably (Sue)
* We exceed expectations (Alanna)
* MOZ Code – TAGFEE – Transparent, Authentic, Generous, Fun, Empathetic, Exceptional (Jay)
* We are respectful, cooperative and collaborative (David)
* Our sessions are comforting (Jivita)
* We are building community (Fred)
* We are having fun (Vivek)
* We share our discoveries (LA)
* We respect each other’s time and outside commitments (LA)