Mad Mimi Review
Here is my Autoresponder Mad Mimi Review
Overall Ranking: 8.8 out of 10
Price: Free Version allows up to 100 contacts. Pro Versions according to the number of contacts.
Owners: Mad Mimi is owned by the GoDaddy company
I used the free Mail Chimp program for a number of years to cover my RSS feed for my blog posts. I wrestled with this program, watching a variety of how-to videos – the site was just not intuitive and I spent way too much time trying to manage my lists and templates.
Recently, I decided that I wanted to create a new promotional product that would send out ten modules – one after another. In the autoresponder world this is called a Drip Campaign. I had the modules ready for a long time before taking further action because I knew it would be yet another learning curve just figuring out the upload.
Finally, I mentioned this in a Success Circle recently and someone suggested Mad Mimi. I checked it out and was impressed with the initial view. A clean, colourful site that I immediately liked and felt inclined to explore further.
What I love about it
- The simplicity of the site. A nice clean visual.
- It’s affordable for a solopreneur
- Form design and editing is easy – simply drag and drop
- You can add things that you want to enhance your experience and all enhancement (such as Drips) are available for all price points.
- Easy import of lists using a CSV format
- Easy segmentation of lists based on contact behaviour.
- Engagement stats – How many sent, accepted, viewed and engaged.
What was awkward
- Discovering the best way to enter sign up forms on my website.
- Realizing that the website form provided by the MadMimi official plugin was very minimalist and finding/paying for something better with the Optin Cat plugin for an extra $39 US.
Mad Mimi is suitable for your average Do It Yourselfer Solopreneur who has at least some internet/Wordpress savvy, but who has lots of other things to take care of and who has no patience for repeated learning curves.
Well I found several instructional videos to get me started. There’s a Help Area and a blog.
Under the Help tab, you can start a live chat or send an email to Nurse Mimi which they say will be responded to within a few hours. At this point (after importing my list, setting up RSS feed, and creating a 10 module Drip Campaign) I have not needed to contact them.
Pro allows for a sliding scale 500 contact = $10/m, 1,000 = $12/m – all the way up to 50,000 = $199/m. Jumbo is for 100,00 to 350,000 contacts. It appears there was once a Affiliate Program, that I was not able to locate.
I love this Autoresponder and wish I had discovered it long ago.