“An Interview With Solopreneur Mathieu Powell”
Nov. 3rd-2020@ 9:00 am PT
Discovering Mathieu’s journey into solopreneurship
Mathieu grew up in northern BC and came to Victoria in his 20’s. He attended Camosun College and immediately got involved in writing. One of his first projects was Senior Living Magazine (now known as Inspired – 55 Plus Lifestyle). He has been interested in seniors and retirement throughout his career. He says this is because his grandfathers were great storytellers. Up until the recent COVID shutdown, he has been actively involved and MC for Elder Friendly Community Network.
He decided to work from home because he wanted to be present for his three children. That means that he must be really organized with his time and talked about using the Bullet Journal Method.
Current projects include Seniors 101 Nanaimo Directory (just recently completed) and a similar directory for Victoria (upcoming).
Mathieu’s business is Coastline Marketing that can be found here: https://coastline.marketing. His passion is writing and he loves to interview, research and write content for other’s websites.
It was a pleasure getting to know Mathieu better!
Our Operating Principles:
* Relationships before business (LA)
* You can get everything in life & business if you help enough people get what they want (Zig Zigler)
* Be helpful – with no expectations (Bill)
* We stand for positive possibilities and keep an open mind (LA)
* We deliver our messages with integrity – we deliver what we say we will deliver (Nathan)
* We never sell anything we are not prepared to deliver impeccably (Sue)
* We exceed expectations (Alanna)
* MOZ Code – TAGFEE – Transparent, Authentic, Generous, Fun, Empathetic, Exceptional (Jay)
* We are respectful, cooperative and collaborative (David)
* Our sessions are comforting (Jivita)
* We are building community (Fred)
* We are having fun (Vivek)
* We share our discoveries (LA)
* We respect each other’s time and outside commitments (LA)