“How To Stop The Spammers“
June 16-2020 @ 9:00 am PT
Steps and Plugins to keep them out
Know the difference between spam and hacking because each requires a different approach. It’s very important to stay informed because things online change rapidly.
Spam: Use a decoy email address for testing and joining. Never use a password more than once and never use words or names. Use Last Pass or some such password manager. Don’t unsubscribe a message from someone new or strange – simply delete.
Hacking: On your website never use the suggested admin@wplogin – create your own. Use protection plugins such as Wordfence or Akismet. Never list your email or address – better to use a form. Put contact details into a button so that bots are unable to scrape them.
Here’s valuable information provided by Nathan Segal:
Here’s a very informative eBook provided by iThemes
Our Operating Principles:
* Relationships before business (LA)
* You can get everything in life & business if you help enough people get what they want (Zig Zigler)
* Be helpful – with no expectations (Bill)
* We stand for positive possibilities and keep an open mind (LA)
* We deliver our messages with integrity – we deliver what we say we will deliver (Nathan)
* We never sell anything we are not prepared to deliver impeccably (Sue)
* We exceed expectations (Alanna)
* MOZ Code – TAGFEE – Transparent, Authentic, Generous, Fun, Empathetic, Exceptional (Jay)
* We are respectful, cooperative and collaborative (David)
* Our sessions are comforting (Jivita)
* We are building community (Fred)
* We are having fun (Vivek)
* We share our discoveries (LA)
* We respect each other’s time and outside commitments (LA)