“ Google A B Testing “
Jan.12-2021@ 9:00 am PT
Alanna Birmingham shares her discoveries
About A B Testing
Another term for A B Testing: Split Testing – Comparing two versions of something on your website to determine which your audience relates to best.
When would you use A B testing? After your site has lots of traffic and when you want to enhance your conversions. Testing the placement of buttons, the text on Call to Action buttons.
Tools You Need
First, you need Google Analytics on your website and you need Google Tag Manager (https:// tagmanager.google.com)
Then you need the Chrome extension.
The Google Optimizing Tool: https://optimize.google.com/optimize/home/#account
You may also need the following plugins on your website:
- Google Tag Manager
- Insert Headers and Footers
Steps for doing some testing:
- Do research on your site performance
- Create a hypothesis about what might be an improvement
- Create a variation
- Run the test for a week or two.
Our Operating Principles:
* Relationships before business (LA)
* You can get everything in life & business if you help enough people get what they want (Zig Zigler)
* Be helpful – with no expectations (Bill)
* We stand for positive possibilities and keep an open mind (LA)
* We deliver our messages with integrity – we deliver what we say we will deliver (Nathan)
* We never sell anything we are not prepared to deliver impeccably (Sue)
* We exceed expectations (Alanna)
* MOZ Code – TAGFEE – Transparent, Authentic, Generous, Fun, Empathetic, Exceptional (Jay)
* We are respectful, cooperative and collaborative (David)
* Our sessions are comforting (Jivita)
* We are building community (Fred)
* We are having fun (Vivek)
* We share our discoveries (LA)
* We respect each other’s time and outside commitments (LA)