“Build A New Website-“
July 14-2020 @ 9:00 am PT
What choices must be made? What theme? Gutenberg? Page Builders? What branding?
This session is especially for newbies. Decisions to be made before you do anything:
- What is the purpose of this website? Who is it for? Make note of everything you know about your target visitor – Make an avatar.
- What do you want the visitor to do?
- Decide what information is important to your target visitor.
- Describe what makes a website visit enjoyable. Few distractions, clean design, easy navigation, etc.
- Decide on your branding – e.g. logo, colours, font styles, etc.
- Start locating suitable images that help define your website topics.
- Where will the site be hosted?
- What is the domain name & URL?
- What content management system will you use? E.g. WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Wix. What theme will you use?
- What plugins will you need?
- Will your site focus on blog posts or static pages?
- Will you need/want a page builder? e.g.Elementor, Divi, Beaver Builder.
- Will you learn and use the new WP Gutenberg editor or stick with the Classic Editor?
Our Operating Principles:
* Relationships before business (LA)
* You can get everything in life & business if you help enough people get what they want (Zig Zigler)
* Be helpful – with no expectations (Bill)
* We stand for positive possibilities and keep an open mind (LA)
* We deliver our messages with integrity – we deliver what we say we will deliver (Nathan)
* We never sell anything we are not prepared to deliver impeccably (Sue)
* We exceed expectations (Alanna)
* MOZ Code – TAGFEE – Transparent, Authentic, Generous, Fun, Empathetic, Exceptional (Jay)
* We are respectful, cooperative and collaborative (David)
* Our sessions are comforting (Jivita)
* We are building community (Fred)
* We are having fun (Vivek)
* We share our discoveries (LA)
* We respect each other’s time and outside commitments (LA)