“Blog Styles “
June 15@ 9:00 am PT
How many are there and what are they best used for?
How to Begin
Start with the end in mind. Why write this blog? Then think about the best style to use.
- Informational – gives lots of content and sources;
- Reviews – books, colleges, services, products – often have an affiliate link attached;
- How To – usually a step-by-step process;
- Listicles – content laid out as lists for quick scan and acquisition of the information. Sometimes set up as buying guides;
- Pillars – tend to be more general, much longer, intended to be evergreen and can combine a wide variety of ways of introducing the information (links, video, images, etc.).
Why do Informational posts, since they don’t have any commercial intent?
- They build trust and authority;
- They raise curiosity about you and your site;
- They can become back-links – they are link-worthy;
- They are great to use as internal links on your commercial posts.
Forminator to do Quizzes – https://wpmudev.com/project/forminator-pro/
Our Operating Principles:
* Relationships before business (LA)
* You can get everything in life & business if you help enough people get what they want (Zig Zigler)
* Be helpful – with no expectations (Bill)
* We stand for positive possibilities and keep an open mind (LA)
* We deliver our messages with integrity – we deliver what we say we will deliver (Nathan)
* We never sell anything we are not prepared to deliver impeccably (Sue)
* We exceed expectations (Alanna)
* MOZ Code – TAGFEE – Transparent, Authentic, Generous, Fun, Empathetic, Exceptional (Jay)
* We are respectful, cooperative and collaborative (David)
* Our sessions are comforting (Jivita)
* We are building community (Fred)
* We are having fun (Vivek)
* We share our discoveries (LA)
* We respect each other’s time and outside commitments (LA)