“Let’s Get Back To Basics”
August 20th @ 9:00 am PT
Our History. Why do we get together? What could enhance the experience?
Our History goes back to December 2013 when LA staged her first Hangout On Air. LA wanted to give solopreneurs a place to practice being online so that they can discover networking internationally. Local participants came to support what she was doing and stayed as long as they were learning what they needed to. We get together because we enjoy each other’s company, we share information and even do business together.
We reviewed our Operating Principles and added more:
* We are respectful, cooperative and collaborative (David)
* Our sessions are comforting (Jivita)
* We are building community (Fred)
* We are having fun (Vivek)
* We share our discoveries (LA)
* We respect each other’s time and outside commitments (LA)
We decided to try a slightly different approach going forward. We will try going for a 30-minute recording followed by 30-minute offline discussion, still totally one hour. Introductions of participants will be conducted by the MC – one or two lines each. This will be followed by each participant sharing a recent discovery (Its title and what it does for us) The group will then decide on which one they would like to know more about. Then that person will come next week ready to discuss, demo and share. Alternatively, there will be a guest who can give a presentation or be interviewed by one of our members. Other participants will have an opportunity to MC and/or interview. In future, we may try asking each participant to identify something they wish to implement in relation to self, family, business and community and be held accountable by the group in the old fashion MasterMind way.
Our Operating Principles:
* Relationships before business (LA)
* You can get everything in life & business if you help enough people get what they want (Zig Zigler)
* Be helpful – with no expectations (Bill)
* We stand for positive possibilities and keep an open mind (LA)
* We deliver our messages with integrity – we deliver what we say we will deliver (Nathan)
* We never sell anything we are not prepared to deliver impeccably (Sue)
* We exceed expectations (Alanna)
* MOZ Code – TAGFEE – Transparent, Authentic, Generous, Fun, Empathetic, Exceptional (Jay)