“How To Add SVG Images to WordPress “
Jan. 7th @ 9:00 am PT
David Flannery will share this great discovery.
Unfortunately, there were some Zoom issues in this video that prevents the viewer from seeing the full presentation. We are working on a correction of the problem.
SVG stands for “Scalable Vector Graphics” Works best for graphics files. Jpg files are best for photos, png files are best for items with a lot of text.
Why choose SVG over png?
- Enlarging without pixelation
- Faster loading to websites
You can create SVG files in Inscape (https://inkscape.org/) an OpenSource downloadable program. Also Adobe Illustrator ($29.99/month)
Some programs such as Adobe Photoshop or Gimp will save as SVG, though Canva does not. If you just need to convert something quickly Convertio (https://convertio.co/) is a great option.
To use SVG images on your website, you first need a plugin – SVG Support is a good one.
Since SVG is an html file, you should not use online freebies since they may have items added that you don’t want. Jpg or png files do not have the same danger.
Our Operating Principles:
* Relationships before business (LA)
* You can get everything in life & business if you help enough people get what they want (Zig Zigler)
* Be helpful – with no expectations (Bill)
* We stand for positive possibilities and keep an open mind (LA)
* We deliver our messages with integrity – we deliver what we say we will deliver (Nathan)
* We never sell anything we are not prepared to deliver impeccably (Sue)
* We exceed expectations (Alanna)
* MOZ Code – TAGFEE – Transparent, Authentic, Generous, Fun, Empathetic, Exceptional (Jay)
* We are respectful, cooperative and collaborative (David)
* Our sessions are comforting (Jivita)
* We are building community (Fred)
* We are having fun (Vivek)
* We share our discoveries (LA)
* We respect each other’s time and outside commitments (LA)